The mission of the Academic Advising Program is to assist students with all aspects of their academic planning while providing a foundation for appropriate academic decisions throughout their undergraduate studies.
The Academic Advising Program does this by helping students:
- Develop educational plans consistent with their interests, abilities, and goals;
- Identify courses to enhance skills and interests, and choose a major field of study;
- Understand course choices within available course offerings;
- Become familiar with and follow academic policies, rules, procedures, and requirements;
- Maintain the required scholastic standards by identifying strategies and resources for academic success;
- Make timely and satisfactory progress towards a degree;
- Direct students to appropriate campus resources.
To better understand the advising relationship, you may find the Maximizing Advising Interactions page helpful. Please navigate the information on left menu of this page for other helpful tips and resources.