A grade appeal is a request to change a course grade based on arithmetic or clerical error, arbitrariness, discrimination, harassment, or personal malice.  More information on the University’s discrimination and harassment policies is available in the Equal Opportunity/ADA Office’s policy summary.

Generally, students who wish to appeal a course grade should first attempt to resolve the issue with their instructor. The student may also consult the chair of the academic department that offers the class. Failing a satisfactory resolution, the student may appeal the grade in accordance with the procedures outlined in the Undergraduate Bulletin.

Students who wish to appeal a course grade through the Academic Advising Program must submit the Grade Appeal Student Form. Grade appeals must be submitted by the last class day of the following fall or spring term.