Road to Resilience
We know that very talented and intelligent students can end up on Warning and Probation. Sometimes things get in the way of our ability to succeed. In Road to Resilience, we want to help you figure out what those “things” may be and how to best handle them.
The purpose of Road to Resilience is to provide students on Warning or Probation with a small group, supportive environment that encourages student success by:
- Reaffirming student’s capacity for success
- Providing space to allow for vulnerability
- Dispelling myths that struggles aren’t part of successful stories
Students in Road to Resilience meet in a group on weekly basis to reflect on past habits, develop personal ownership over their personal and academic success, and strengthen academic skills while developing a community with their peers. Topics include strengths and values, time management and procrastination, self-care, emotion regulation, gratitude, Growth Mindset, and more!
Road to Resilience is only open to students who are on Warning and Probation.
Students who participate in Road to Resilience are expected to participate in activities and group discussions once a week. Students’ consistent participation and attendance are critical to making the most of the program and are considered a demonstration of their commitment to enhancing their academic performance.
Students in Road to Resilience will:
- Make new connections with individuals and opportunities on campus that support their success
- Develop personal ownership over their own Resilience
- Identify strategies and services that will support the student in their success
- Develop social and emotional skills
- Engage in meaningful activities
We are currently planning the Spring Road to Resilience program offerings. Please check back here in the first week of classes for updated Spring 2023 information.
To find out more, visit the link to the Road to Resilience program offered through Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Be sure to also explore other resources for support here: https://advising.unc.edu/faqs/student-resources/.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact:
- Dave DeVito at email@example.com
Road to Resilience is supported through a partnership between Counseling & Psychological Services and Academic Advising Program.