For the fall 2019 semester, the online exam excuse form will be available until Monday, 11/25/2019.
Students may request exam excuses in person until Wednesday, 12/04/2019, at UNC Academic Advising during drop-in hours.
Use the online exam excuse form only if you meet the following criteria:
- Your primary major is within the College of Arts and Sciences.
- You have two final exams scheduled at the same time or three exams which start within one 24 hour period (i.e., 8am – 8am, noon-noon, etc.).
- You have approved ARS accommodations impacting your overall testing time and know the details of your accommodations.
- None of the courses involved in the conflict are online courses and/or have ‘TBA’ listed for the class time. (See UNC Advising during drop-in hours for conflicts involving ‘TBA’ classes.)
- You know which exam you wish to move. Per UNC policy, if one of your courses is listed in the final exam schedule under the section for common hour exams, then the excuse must be used for that class.
Exam time references:
- Part-time Studies Exam Schedule (for evening courses with a section number of ‘951’)
- Registrar’s Final Exam Schedule (for most on-campus classes)
All other requests must be handled either by Campus Health (in case of documented illness) or by visiting UNC Academic Advising during drop-in hours.
For more information, consult the official UNC Final Exam Excuse Policy.
Log in to submit an Exam Excuse request here: https://eef.oasis.unc.edu/