Information For Families
The mission of the Academic Advising Program is to assist students with all aspects of their academic planning while providing a foundation for appropriate academic decisions throughout their undergraduate studies.
The Academic Advising Program does this by helping students:
- Develop educational plans consistent with their interests, abilities, and goals;
- Identify courses to enhance skills and interests, and choose a major field of study;
- Understand course choices within available course offerings;
- Become familiar with and follow academic policies, rules, procedures, and requirements;
- Maintain the required scholastic standards by identifying strategies and resources for academic success;
- Make timely and satisfactory progress towards a degree;
- Direct students to appropriate campus resources.
To better understand the advising relationship, you may find the Plan your Degree page helpful.