Information For Families
The mission of UNC Advising is to assist students with all aspects of their academic planning while providing a foundation for appropriate academic decisions throughout their undergraduate studies.
The UNC Advising Program does this by helping students:
- Develop educational plans consistent with their interests, abilities, and goals
- Identify courses to enhance skills and interests, and choose a major field of study
- Understand course choices within available course offerings
- Become familiar with and follow academic policies, rules, procedures, and requirements
- Maintain the required scholastic standards by identifying strategies and resources for academic success
- Make timely and satisfactory progress toward a degree
- Utilize appropriate campus resources
To better understand the advising relationship, you may find the Plan Your Degree page helpful.